Ms. Larin

letter M letter S fullstop letter L a59 letter r letter i letter N

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tools Reflection

1. Favorite tools- blog, image generators & mashups, google tools (docs, reader), tagging, social networking, wikis, digital storytelling-- specifically photo story, and of course apps in itouch/ipad. I will specifically use lots of digital storytelling with photo story to create classrooms projects.
2. Teaching in the classroom does not stop with the teacher teaching. After teaching the topic, it can be supported with lots of videos, websites , digital storytelling...etc. There are multiple ways technology can aid in helping a student learn. Todays children are technology children because they not only start at a young age, but they have access to more information online, and gadgets. As teachers, we need to grow to technology to keep up with our students. If we can't keep up with them, the least we can do is teach them how to use technology correctly and appropritately.
3. I was very surprise that I knew very little about what can be done online. I know the basics but after viewing all 11 tools, I am interested in learning more. If there would be more "tools" to view, explore and complete, I would definitely check them out. I always told myself that people spend too much time creating a video when in reality it is very simple (no wonder kids online make videos themselves)

3 comments:

  1. You have completed the "after" reflection, but you no post about digital citizenship...be sure you go back and look at the Tool...it is #11.

    your blog has a nice look to it with the background that ties into your Blog ID...however some of your font colors are very difficult for readers to see your good ideas. Please loook at your blog from the public view and see if yu don't notice the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yuri
    How is the summer going? I like the background of your blog and goes very well with the Rainy M. Have a wonderful summer and more rainy nights.
    Vicente

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yuri! I've enjoyed visiting your blog. You've posted some great resources and good ideas how to network with colleagues and how to apply to your classroom. I'm excited about our new tech devices - they were delivered last week. Keep looking for great apps, etc. I love photo story too! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete